Nurse Aide Trainee
Blossom in a meaningful career. Working with our elderly, you’ll grow as a caregiver—and as a person. Here you can practice and be appreciated for your heartfelt care. You can thrive making a real difference in the lives of real people. With the daily opportunity to build relationships with our seniors, their families and friends, you’ll flourish in a career that’s abundantly fulfilling.
Participate in a Nurse Aide Trainee (NAT) education program, once the class room training is completed the NATrainee provides assistance to professional nursing staff in the care of residents/patients through performance of routine direct and indirect resident/patient care activities, according to established policies and procedures. Maintains resident/patient rights, privacy, and confidentiality. Promotes resident/patient acceptance of treatment goals and responds promptly to overall resident/patient needs. The NATrainee will be permitted to work in this capacity until passing the state competency examination.
Classes are offered every 5 weeks.Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Completion of the PA State Nurse Aide Training Program or equivalent as determined by the PA Department of Education.
- Must take and pass the NA competency test within 120 days from the date of hire into the Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Individuals without certification, hired to be nurse aides, must demonstrate eligibility to sit for the PA State approved Nurse Aide Training Program testing as well satisfactorily pass the test within 120 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and using a touch screen for documentation required.