Certified Nurse Aide (C.N.A.)
Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide (C.N.A.)
Status: Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual Available.
Program: St. John Community, Passavant Community, LIFE Programs
Location: Mars, Zelienople, and Butler PA
Typical Work Hours: Various Shifts Available
Description: Provides assistance to professional nursing staff in the care of residents through the performance of routine direct and indirect resident care activities, according to established policies and procedures. Maintains resident rights, privacy, and confidentiality. Promotes resident acceptance of treatment goals and responds promptly to overall resident needs.
- Assists resident in all ADL's (activities of daily living) as scheduled/needed and in a timely manner, including bathing, dressing, grooming (hair, shaving, foot care, fingernails/toenails, makeup application as appropriate), toileting, skin care, & catheter care, oral hygiene, ensuring out of bed activity.
- Assists resident with meals, ensure that residents have proper nutrition and hydration.
- Assists with positioning, transfer, and ambulation of resident according to policy/procedure, using proper technique and mechanical devices as appropriate and/or ordered, including walkers, canes, crutches, braces, splints, lifts and chairs.
- Observes residents for comfort, safety and whereabouts at least hourly.
- Responds to call bells timely.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, input and output (I&O) treatment, height and weight as directed by the nurse.
- Participates as an interdisciplinary team member to develop and carry out care plan of the resident, assisting in rehabilitating resident to their maximum potential.
- Maintains clean, safe, orderly resident living area(s).
- Observes and immediately reports changes in resident condition and/or behavior to Household Nurse.
- Ensures that “Resident Rights” are honored at all times.
- Documents and reviews with Household Nurse, as appropriate, all care provided to the resident during the shift, accurately and before the end of the shift.
- Participates in the life of the household, including housekeeping, laundry, providing or conducting life enhancement resident activities, meal preparation, serving, and clean-up.
- Attends and participates in household meetings.
- Must have at least 12 in-service hours per evaluation year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Must have passed the Certified Nurse Aide test as determined by the PA Department of Education.
- Current Pennsylvania State Nurse Aide Certification. Must be listed on state nurse aide registry and without allegations.