BUY LOCAL. EAT FRESH.
The support from the community for our local farmers and small businesses helps to strengthen our regional economy and makes our area more resilient. Join the Pittsburgh North Regional Chamber alongside Cranberry Twp. for the 2020 Cranberry Twp. Farmers' Market which welcomes a variety of vendors and businesses who come together to offer their product or services to the Cranberry Twp. community.
The 2020 Cranberry Twp. Farmers' Market season is anticipated to operate from July 10th through Oct. 23rd, 2020. The final date of the market is subject to change based on weather.
THE MARKET IS OPEN RAIN OR SHINE.
FREE Admission, Open to the Public
**CALL FOR VENDORS**
Vendors can join the market at any point during the season and choose from one of the following levels:
FULL SEASON VENDOR: $250
PART TIME VENDOR (4 WEEKS): $100
FULL SEASON APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 7/1/2020.
PART TIME VENDOR APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 7 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST FRIDAY AT THE MARKET. (Example: First vendor participation day is September 19th- Application deadline is September 12th).
Each vendor must provide a minimum of $1,000,000 in liability coverage and name Cranberry Township as "additional insured" using the following address:
Cranberry Township Farmer's Market
2525 Rochester Road
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
If you would like a vendor application, please contact Annie Cairns, Director of Marketing & Events at email@example.com
**PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY 7/3/2020 TO PARTICIPATE BY 7/10/2020.
WELCOME 2020 VENDORS!
A1FUDGE/Cookies 'n Critters
Your CBD Store
Cherry Valley Farm
Cranberry Curbside Creamery
Dented Keg Brewing Company
Magnolia on Main (Part-Time)
Pap Pap's Old Fashion Ice Balls
Pgh Soap Deli (Part-Time)
Paws in the Sand Pet Treats
Silver Frog, LLC
As concerns about the spread of COVID-19 grow, farmers market operators are wondering how best to respond. Markets are grappling with their role in public gatherings that are vital to food access for consumers and the livelihoods of farmers.
In an effort to keep shoppers, vendors, and market managers as safe as possible while continuing to provide the essential service of providing fresh food to our communities, and to adhere to social distancing requirements in the state of Pennsylvania, the Cranberry Twp. Farmers Market is implementing the following safety protocols:
- All vendors, customers, staff, and volunteers MUST wear a mask before entering the market space, in accordance with the CDC recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings. Masks are now a requirement throughout the state of Pennsylvania in any public space. This requirement could be adjusted dependent on state requirements.
- No pets are permitted in the market.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other shoppers, especially when in line. Market managers will be reminding shoppers to keep their distance.
- If you are sick, or a member of your family is sick, STAY HOME.
- No sampling will be permitted at the market, and access to condiments, silverware, cup lids, etc. should be restricted and available only on request.
- Vendor booths will be set up with additional space between them.
- If shoppers purchase ready-to-eat food from you, we recommend they it at home and not in the market space.
- Customers should NOT handle food unless they are purchasing it.
- All vendors MUST USE GLOVES and regularly change them out throughout the day. If you run out of gloves at the market please let the market managers know. We will have gloves available for you at the Chamber booth.
- All vendors MUST wear a mask and are required to have hand sanitizer at their stations as well as a disinfectant spray. Vendors are asked to frequently wipe down their stations.
- When purchasing a product from a vendor, please step back from the table to give the vendor space to place your purchased goods on the table.
We believe, like grocery stores, farmers’ markets are vital to our community’s food security and health. We thank you for supporting local farms and small businesses, and for your kindness and patience as we all adapt to these changing times. We hope at this time of uncertainty that the farmers’ market can remain a pillar for the Cranberry Twp. Community.
The Cranberry Twp. Farmers’ Market is actively making operational and procedural changes to protect customers, farmers, and staff and to mitigate the spread of disease, including following all guidance provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
Please note: Due to the market having limited hours, we will not be offering designated times for high-risk and elderly persons to shop. We ask those who may fall into this category to shop at their own risk. We encourage those who are high risk to avoid coming to the market and instead, ask another family member or neighbor to pick up items at the market for you.